To focus on important opportunities for building science education, the Joint Committtee on Building Science Education and the NIBS/BETEC/Education Committee have formed a “Joint Task Group” which has played a large role in these webinars and smaller web meetings. See the “Joint Task Group” webpage for recent building science education efforts. Recent web conference calls have addressed the development of a “Hygrothermal Analysis Guide” to support the DOE Race to Zero Student Design Competition.
Objectives/Background for the Current Series of Webinars:
- Webinar Series to Fulfill Needs Addressed in Toronto BSE Workshop
- Infusion of Building Science into Traditional Courses (resources and methodologies);
- Identify, Review & Share Resources for a Building Science Fundamentals course
- And, as time permits, address Specialized Courses, e.g., Building Science for Building Enclosures, Building Forensics, Commissioning, etc.
- Develop “Easy” Steps to Begin or Expand & Improve Building Science Education – In Spite of University Constraints
- Share Results on Committee Website
- Facilitate Infusion of Best Building Science Practices in Teaching Resources for Traditional Courses – through
- Authors and Reviewers of Textbooks and Key References
- Development of modules and handouts for target Traditional Courses