- The Executive Committee members of the National Consortium of Housing Research Centers (“Consortium”) are ex-officio members of the Joint Committee, with many taking a larger role in the Joint Committee.
- The Consortium Treasurer is also the Treasurer of the Joint Committee, and manages separate accounts for each organization.
- Members of Consortium and ASC are encouraged to be active members in the Joint Committee.
- Sam Taylor, Interim Joint Committee Coordinator & Liaison, NCHRC
- Rebecca Mirsky – Liaison; Eric Holt, Co-Liaison, Associated Schools of Construction
- Ali Memari – Liaison, Architectural Engineering Institute
- Georg Reichard – Liaison, NIBS/BETEC Education Committee
- Susan Buchan – Liaison, Energy & Environmental Building Alliance (EEBA)
- Walter Grondzik – Liaison, Society of Building Science Educators (SBSE)
- Sam Rashkin – Liaison, DOE
- Michael Baechler – Liaison, PNNL
Task Group/Committee Chairs and Officers
- Pat Huelman – Chair, Task Group – Criteria for Excellence in Building Science Curricula
- John Straube – Co-Chair, Task Group – Criteria for Excellence in Building Science Curricula.
- Joe Laquatra – Chair, Awards Committee
- Sam Taylor, Interim Chair, Task Group on Sponsorship and Organization
- Tom Kenney, Treasurer, Joint Committee on Building Science Education (also, NCHRC Vice Chair of Administration, and Treasurer)
Management of the Joint Committee on Building Science Education
The Joint Committee is governed by its “management council”, and the day-to-day work of the Joint Committee is managed by the committee and task group chairmen and co-chairmen. An “executive committee” of the “management council” is formed to expedite routine administrative approvals. The “executive committee” includes the Treasurer of the Joint Committee, the Chairman of National Consortium of Housing Research Centers, or his designee or liaison to the Joint Committee, and the liaisons to the Joint Committee of the ASC and AEI university partners. Management Council members include:
- Liaisons to University Organizations and EEBA
- Committee & Task Group Chairmen/Co-Chairmen
- Other officers which might be established by the management council
- Other council members, which might be established by the management council